You are all set to go on vacation. Plane tickets are purchased, the hotel is reserved, and bags are packed, but what about the pets? What are the plans for them? Will the neighbor kid down the street be home from college to stay at your house? Or will your brother who works full time have a break in his day to let your dogs out at lunch?
When taking a vacation, you want to be relaxed and have peace of mind that everything at home is running smoothly and not be worried if your friend or neighbor has remembered to run over to give the pets food and water or take the dog on a walk.
That’s where a professional pet sitter comes in. When hiring a professional pet sitter, you can rest easy knowing that the pets will be cared for just as they would if you were home.
Top 5 reasons to hire a professional pet sitter:
1. They are bonded and insured.
2. They have back up in case of emergencies. A professional pet sitter should always have a back- up plan in place in case they get sick or injured or any other unforeseen events.
3. They have experience administering medications.
4. They are trained and experienced in working with all types of pet personalities and will know how to tailor your pet’s care based on their individual likes, dislikes, fears, and habits.
5. A professional knows how to spot and avoid potentially dangerous situations, and can react quickly and effectively when necessary. Including knowing when veterinary care is necessary.
A professional pet sitter also has your pets best interest in mind and is being paid to care for them exactly as you have instructed. For many professional pet sitters, caring for others pets is their full-time job which is taken very seriously.
When you choose a professional pet sitter you are choosing the best care for your pet while you are away. Your pet is able to stay in the comfort of their own home and you are also getting someone to care for your home while you are away.
Some additional services that professional pet sitters may offer include, but are not limited to, watering plants, bringing in mail and newspapers, cleaning up dog messes in the yard, turning lights on and off, and just maintaining your pets normal routine.
Next time you are planning a vacation just remember all the benefits both you and your pet are receiving when you hire a professional pet sitter!